Based in Galway since 2015, Black Pug Studio is a multicultural creative agency crafting unique experiences through technology and design. We provide premium quality Web Design, Web Development, Communication & Localization services.
We are looking for a qualified Front-end developer to join our creative team. You will be responsible for building the “client-side” of our web and mobile applications. You should be able to translate our company and customer needs into functional and appealing interactive applications.
If you’re interested in creating a user-friendly environment by writing code and moving forward in your career, then this job is for you. We expect you to be a tech-savvy professional curious about new digital technologies and who aspires to combine usability with visual design.
You should also be interested in back-end technologies and understand the intricate nature of the back-end/front-end relationship. Interactions with APIs, WebSocket technology, and other forms of interaction with the back-end should be something that you are familiar with.
Ultimately, you should be able to create a functional and attractive digital environment for our company, ensuring a great user experience.
- Use front-end frameworks such as React, React Native, VueJS, and Angular to create user-friendly web/mobile applications
- Maintain and improve existing codebases
- Optimize applications for maximum speed
- Design and integrate web & mobile-based features
- Collaborate with back-end developers and designers to improve the usability
- Get feedback from, and build solutions for users and customers
- Write functional requirement documents and guides
- Create prototypes and proof of concept for upcoming features/products
- Assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Audit and test the applications using test frameworks (unitary and end-to-end tests)
- Ensure the visual consistency between designs provided by the creative team and the technical integration in the applications
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Proven work experience as a Front-end developer
- Hands-on experience with front-end frameworks
- Experience with REST & GraphQL APIs
- Familiarity with WebSocket technology
- In-depth understanding of the development process (design, development, and deployment)
- A good understanding of UI and UX principles
- Knowledge of SEO principles
- Experience with software like AdobeXD, Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, content management systems, and customer relationship management solutions
- An ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Knowledge of additional programming languages (Python, C++, Objective-C, Java, Swift)
- UI/UX design skills
- Familiarity with cloud platforms and their products (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Experience with third-party services (Mailchimp, Stripe, Mailgun, Social media APIs, Salesforce)
- Familiarity with the Blockchain technology
- Understanding of technologies such as RTC, streaming, on-device machine learning
- Advanced animation skills using JS/TS libraries combined with CSS
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Cover letter
- Contract type: 3-month fixed-term contract renewable
- Salary: Based on experience
- Location: Mainly on-site with possible remote work