Junior Graphic & Web Designer 6-months internship
It is time to build up some experience by joining us on our exciting and awe-inspiring journey. Black Pug Studio is looking for a graphic and web designer to work on our current and future clients' projects and internal Black Pug Studio productions. Throughout this journey, the individual's creativity will be unleashed to build phenomenal visual experiences. If you wish to be a part of a small independent studio based in Galway, working internationally, then we'd love to talk to you! Black Pug Studio offers a very dynamic, challenging, and creative space and environment for all.
Black Pug Studio is currently looking for a junior Graphic & Web Designer with a creative and artistic affinity for design in general but also in UX and UI design, web design, branding design, and prototyping.
This job opportunity is an unpaid internship of 6-months. However, some benefits are available, of course!
- Create visual designs, wireframes, page layouts, strategies, flowcharts, interactions, prototypes, color palettes, icons, logos, and pugs!
- Deliver detailed designs, final assets, style guides, etc
- Understand our clients, what they are doing and why – Reflect Black Pug Studio Ltd artistic and creative vision and quality standards
- Undertake advanced Analysis and Graphic Research
- Collaborate with a team of creative and dynamic designers and developers to carry the design from concept into the final implementation
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Acute creative vision
- A serious passion for art and design
- Conceptual thinker and detailed designer
- Experience and examples creating websites, software applications, interactive spaces, games, and/or mobile applications
- Examples of highly detailed and optimized, wireframes and designs
- Can prototype ideas using the Adobe Suite or Sketch
- Solid understanding of web browser capabilities
- Good English verbal communication
- Ability to work with development and production teams - Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Ensure art direction remains consistent throughout the process of any production and carry out client and company artistic vision
- Complete projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
- Handle rejection, 'cause sometimes it happens.
- Maintain artistic and technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies
- 1-year experience as a graphic and/or web designer, UX designer, UI designer, interaction designer, visual design, branding or similar
- Laidback but can release surges of genius to bring any production to the next level!
- Internet presence
- Marketing and Social Media knowledge
- Free coffee and tea!
- Casual dressing is more than welcome
- Networking as we are based in Galway Technology Centre – a hub of many great companies and one of the leading serviced office spaces with a vibrant community and exciting events, very well connected with Galway Chamber of Commerce, Portershed and all the cool kids in town
- A friendly and supportive environment
- Team building sessions – cinema, nights out, coffee/tea gatherings, gaming time
- Bus pass provided
- Gym membership (if requested)
- A geek/pop culture CEO who loves gaming, science, music, and movies! Game on!
SUBMISSION / PORTFOLIO REQUIREMENTS
- URL or PDF of your portfolio - Online submission (e.g., website, blog, etc.)
- Cover Letter